The best breakfast is a chill breakfast
Breakfast might be the most important meal of the day but it’s also the trickiest to manage. If your mornings tend to be on the busy side, a no-bake recipe is what you need. Time to swap stress for breakfast that will make everyone’s bellies happy, right?
Breakfast in a bowl
Our favorite breakfast bowls are simple to prepare and easy to eat while making the kids’ lunches. What’s more, they can super nutritious if you opt for unsweetened yogurt of kefir. Try these ideas on for size:
- Granola, Greek yogurt and your favorite fruit in a bowl. Greek yogurt adds the protein you need to jumpstart your day while the granola and fruit add the fiber and crunch. Add fresh nuts, seeds and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey for a treat.
- Keifr bowl. Kefir is slightly sweeter and tangier than Greek Yogurt but just as high in protein. Choose unsweetened Kefir (to minimize sugar) and top with fruit and granola.
- Cottage cheese & tomato bowl. If prefer savory over sweet, load your bowl up with cottage cheese (a protein super star) and top with tomatoes and your favorite nuts for added crunch. Add salt and pepper as needed.
Overnight oats done a gazillion ways
Once you’ve mastered the art of making overnight oats, the sky’s the limit. Mix and match your favorite fruits, nuts and seeds for a new taste sensation every morning. Below are our top faves.
- Overnight apple oatmeal pie. Toss oats, cinnamon, maple syrup, almond milk and a shot of vanilla into a mason jar. Shake it and pop it into your fridge overnight – top with apples in the morning. Heat in microwave if you prefer your oats warm.
- Chia oatmeal bowl. Add some chia to your oatmeal and almond milk before overnighting in the fridge. In the morning, top with your favorite fruit and granola.
- Peanut butter banana oatmeal. Soak your oats in mashed bananas and peanut butter overnight and top with a dollop of peanut butter and your favorite nuts in the morning. Protein, flavor and texture – perfect!
Bagels and/or toasted sandwiches
The great thing about bagels and whole grain breads? They’re delicious toasted or not – it’s what you put on them that counts. Below are a few of our favorites but give your imagination free reign and have fun.
- Smoked salmon and cucumber wraps. Grab your favorite tortilla, spread some cream cheese on half and thinly sliced cucumbers. Cover with salmon, wrap and eat. Simple, right?
- Herbed ricotta & tomato toast or bagel. Slice your bagel, layer on the herbed ricotta and slices of tomato. Sprinkle with lemon pepper for a little added zing.
- Pistachio ricotta toast or bagel. Spread ricotta cheese on crusty whole-grain bread or bagel. Drizzle olive oil over ricotta. Sprinkle with pistachios.
- Avocado toast. We love our avocado toast because it’s simple to make and it powers us up for the whole morning. But it’s time to get adventurous with sliced red onion, tomatoes and some red pepper flakes to spice things up a little. Go ahead and have fun!
Smoothies – start your day fresh and blended!
We’re big fans of smoothies. After all, they’re simple to make, super nutritious and even when they’re not perfect, they’re always delicious. Load up on these recipes and power up your morning.
- Our favorite bedtime smoothies
- 5 super simple smoothie recipes
- 8 delicious breakfast smoothie recipes
Rest well & wake up ready to go!
Better sleep gives rise to better mornings, bringing your goals into focus and dreams within reach. Hungry for more sleep info? Dig into these posts:
- 10 slow-cooker breakfasts you’ll dream about all night
- Welcome the morning with these delicious muffin recipes
- Breakfast in a jar – 15 delicious mason jar breakfast recipes