To everyone working on the front lines, thank you. To everyone at home, thank you; please keep doing what you’re doing & #stayhome
We know you’re likely exhausted from the stress of the globally evolving Coronavirus pandemic but we hope you’re able to get the sleep you need to stay healthy during these unsettling times. Long-term anxiety and stress decreases the effectiveness of your immune system and increases your risk of physical illness and mental health issues. Please hunker down with your family and stay safe.
We’ve been thinking about what we can share to help everyone rest a little easier. Below is long list of activities you and your family can do online, most of them free. From our family to yours, we hope something here makes your days a little brighter and your nights more restful.
From all of our families to all the people in yours – close by and around the world – please stay safe and healthy. We will get through this. Together.
- Watch a Broadway show. Free trial period and then subscribe for a monthly fee
- Explore a National Park. Free digital tours of 12 national parks
- Fall in love with Yellowstone Park. Enough said, get out there, on your computer, that is…
- Visit the Great Wall of China. Seriously cool, and seriously safe, at home
- Explore the surface of Mars. Seriously cool digital 360° camera
- Tour a world-famous museum. 12 museums from London to Versailles to the Guggenheim in New York
- Enjoy the J Paul Getting Museum. Los Angeles welcomes your virtual self for a private tour
- Visit the British Museum. And get up close and personal with the timeline of the world
- Walk through the Vatican in Rome. Stroll at your leisure, without the crowds
Live stream some animals
- Visit Monterey Bay Aquarium and watch some sea otters or enjoy the jelly cam
- Travel to Australia and Zoos Victoria to see their live animal house
- While you’re in Australia, catch a live cam of the Great Barrier Reef
- Pop over to the Smithsonian’s National Zoo to watch live streams of its giant pandas
- Travel to the San Diego Zoo and watch steams of its’ polar bears, apes, giraffes, and koalas
Exercise your mind activities
- Just want to watch TV? Exercise to popular TV shows
- YAY Maker – from the folks who brought us Paint Night
- Roll out your yoga mat and discover the power of physical and mental and mental exercise
- Sign up for daily inspirational notes from the Universe
- Sign up for the spring cleaning challenge
- Learn coding – for you or your kids
- Learn a new language
- Learn how to make a terrarium (and keep it alive)
- Learn how to knit
- Read a book
- Watch a movie
- Sing a song
Didn’t find anything that piqued your interest? Download this document from Google Docs – it has more than 1,000 suggestions for things to do at home and online.
Rest well & wake up ready to go!
Better sleep gives rise to better mornings, bringing your goals into focus and dreams within reach. Hungry for more sleep info? Dig into these posts: