If you’re a late night snacker, be forewarned. These dietary disasters can kill a good night’s sleep!
Early birds and night owls agree – when we finally lay our heads down to sleep, we’d like to actually go to sleep, thank you very much. Trouble is, we often reach for a bedtime snack first – and who doesn’t love snacking in bed? Snuggle under the blankets, nosh on your favorite sinful pleasure and switch on Netflix. Bliss.
But food and sleep are uneasy bed partners. Let’s face it, some foods belong on a plate. With napkins close by. If you’re a late-night snacker, we’d love to hear your thoughts on eating in bed. Do it or don’t do it? Best practices for messy foods? Check out our list below and let us know if you agree.
1. Wings – Foods served with wet naps don’t belong in bed.
2. Tacos – Crunchy, hard shells, ground beef, shredded cheese… Need we say more?
3. Rice cakes – Never mind the crumbs, they’re so loud you’ll wake everyone up!
4. Eggs – They look innocent but that yolk is a ticking time bomb…
5. Banana split – Melting, dripping and sticky… The perfect storm of messy food.
6. Sloppy Joe – If you haven’t guessed from the name, there’s no way to control this beast.
7. Lobster – Foods that are served with bibs are dangerous to bed sheets.
Eager for more sleep info you can really use? Join our communities on
Facebook and Twitter
and let's continue the conversation. We'd love to hear what you have to say!
This blog does not provide medical advice. It is intended for general informational purposes
only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional
medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your
health. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you
have read on Restonic.com. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your
doctor or dial 911.