Family Friendly April Fool’s Day Pranks
Let’s talk about sleep…
April fools! Today we’re hitting the snooze button on serious and prepping you for this trick-filled holiday. The only catch is you’ll need to get a good night’s sleep to pull off some of these gags.
Believe or not, April Fool’s started in France. Pope Gregory XIII, ordered a new calendar to begin January 1st but some people didn’t hear about the change and continued to begin the year April 1st – Since Facebook was nonexistent way back then, people started to send each other pranks, it caught on and wah lah.
This April Fools’ Day, don’t let the kids get the best of you. It’s time to play a few funny tricks on them. After all, adults can get in on the silliness, too.
The top 5 family-friendly April Fool’s pranks
- Got milk – Pick a funky color of food coloring and add it to the milk carton. Pour it in the cereal and watch your confused victims’ eyes. They’ll be going coo-coo like Cocoa Puffs. Tip: Pick a color that doesn’t clash with the cereal. For more “Kix”, freeze their cereal the night before.
- Cupcakes for dinner – Everyone will think you’re the coolest – for a moment at least. Bake up mini meatloaves in muffin cups (don’t forget the colorful wrappers!). Then “frost” then with creamy mashed potatoes. See how long it takes for them to realize that you really aren’t that cool after all.
- No television – This is a classic and easy prank. Place small pieces of clear tape remote control sensors. When your prey tries to binge their favorite show, nothing will happen.
- Upside down house – After everyone goes to sleep, turn as many things upside down as you can, including clocks, framed pictures and chairs. When everyone wakes up, they’ll do a double take. Play along with them too!
- Snack Switcharoo – Carefully open the bottom of a snack size chip bag. Replace the contents with a different snack unrelated to the current one, then tape the bag closed. When the bag is open yell, “April Fools!”, and snicker in their confusion.
- Fall Back – If you really want to get prank your family or friends good, this one’s for you. Change all the clocks, alarm clocks included. Points to you if you can change phone alarm clocks. Set the clocks forward 1 hour. When time strikes in the morning, hurry everyone like you are running late and then come clean. You might have some angry victims but the laughs will continue all day.
For more prank ideas, check out this video from Jimmy Kimmel and his viewers:
The best part about April Fool’s Day, is to have innocent fun with those you love. Remember, sleep is still a crucial part to having fun the next day. Check out some of the links below to stay on track to have the best April Fool’s Day shenanigans.