Family Friendly April Fool’s Day Pranks You & The Kids are Going to LOVE!
Lets talk about prepping for this seriously trick-filled holiday!
April fools! Today were hitting the snooze button on serious and prepping you for this trick-filled holiday. The only catch is youll need to get a good nights sleep to pull off some of these gags.
Believe or not, April Fools started in France. Pope Gregory XIII, ordered a new calendar to begin January 1st but some people didnt hear about the change and continued to begin the year April 1st. Since Facebook was nonexistent way back then, people started to send each other pranks, it caught on and wah lah.
This April Fools’ Day, don’t let the kids get the best of you. It’s time to play a few funny tricks on them. After all, adults can get in on the silliness, too.
Ready to prank your kids? Us too!
Our top family-friendly April Fools pranks
- Leave a surprise – Leave a cup upside down where everyone will see it (picture to the left) and stand back and watch. Thanks to officepranks.com for this gem!
- Got milk Pick a funky color of food coloring and add it to the milk carton. Pour it in the cereal and watch your confused victims eyes. Theyll be going coo-coo like Cocoa Puffs. Tip: Pick a color that doesnt clash with the cereal. For more Kix, freeze their cereal the night before.
- Serve juice – Sounds simple enough, until the first step. Instead of juice, they’ll soon discover a glass full of jello. Grab the recipe for your own batch of prank juice.
- Cupcakes for dinner Everyone will think youre the coolest for a moment at least. Bake up mini meatloaves in muffin cups (don’t forget the colorful wrappers!). Then “frost” then with creamy mashed potatoes. See how long it takes for them to realize that you really aren’t that cool after all.
- No television This is a classic and easy prank. Place small pieces of clear tape remote control sensors. When your prey tries to binge their favorite show, nothing will happen.
- Upside down house After everyone goes to sleep, turn as many things upside down as you can, including clocks, framed pictures and chairs. When everyone wakes up, theyll do a double take. Play along with them too!
- Snack Switcharoo Carefully open the bottom of a snack size chip bag. Replace the contents with a different snack unrelated to the current one, then tape the bag closed. When the bag is open yell, April Fools!, and snicker in their confusion.
- Fall Back If you really want to get prank your family or friends good, this ones for you. Change all the clocks, alarm clocks included. Points to you if you can change phone alarm clocks. Set the clocks forward 1 hour. When time strikes in the morning, hurry everyone like you are running late and then come clean. You might have some angry victims but the laughs will continue all day.
For more prank ideas, check out this video from Jimmy Kimmel and his viewers:
The best part about April Fools Day, is to have innocent fun with those you love. Remember, sleep is still a crucial part to having fun the next day. Check out some of the links below to stay on track to have the best April Fools Day shenanigans.